At Step By Step Montessori Schools, we believe that the youngest years are one of the most critical times during child’s life. We know how important it is for parents to find the right daycare during this time. Building a good foundation is essential during early childhood when a child’s characteristics and cognitive abilities are being developed. With our Montessori education philosophy, children are challenged to become self-directed and highly motivated.
Our busy, yet calm and orderly classroom environment is designed to foster confidence and independence. The Montessori environment is built to stimulate learning experiences while making children feel comfortable and accepted. This is achieved by our dedication to providing exceptional childcare through:
- Our supportive and inviting learning environment characterized by developmentally-appropriate Montessori materials.
- An adaptable, individualized curriculum for your child, allowing them to work at their own pace and discover their own passions and interests.
- Compassionate, experienced teachers, devoted to forming a connection with your family to make sure that your child feels encouraged and free to explore various ideas and concepts.
- Mixed-age classrooms that support social development by helping your child become comfortable with students of different ages, building both teamwork and leadership skills.
- Enrichment activities, such as foreign language, music, and dance, which strengthen your child’s creativity and develop appreciation for diverse cultures.
- Following the core principles and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, a lifelong educator, philosopher, physician, and humanitarian.
Founded in 1991, Step by Step Montessori Schools rise above the typical standard for daycares in the United States. Nationwide, only 10% of daycare centers are accredited. But at Step by Step Montessori, each of our schools follow a national standard for excellence in child development programs with accreditation from APPLE (Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment). We are also rated 4 Stars by Parent Aware, Minnesota’s quality rating and improvement system for daycare centers.
Our eight convenient locations in Brooklyn Park, Chaska, Corcoran, Edina (Southdale), Maple Grove, Plymouth, St. Anthony, and Wayzata offer Montessori education programs and daycare for infants, toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten aged children, as well as after school care and summer camp. All of our programs are designed to guide children in learning the academics that will prepare them for future education and learn the skills that will prepare them for life.
What are you waiting for? Schedule your tour today to see what makes Step By Step Montessori so special!